Machines that just work!
Frost protection, crop insurance.
Amarillo Wind Machines are self-contained frost protection systems that are designed to work in virtually any situation where frost endangers crops.
- Extremely reliable — the Amarillo name is synonymous with reliability/durability around the world
- Stationary and portable configurations available
- Easy to maintain, and very low cost of ownership
- Advanced features such as temperature triggered auto-start, runtime management and shutdown
- Balanced drive lines allow for minimal vibration in the transmission of power through the tower
- Our fans have been engineered for maximum efficiency, and our superior blade materials will maintain a consistent pitch over the life of the fan
- Multiple tower, gear box, and rotation options are available to accommodate unusual terrain/conditions
Depending on your requirements and preferences, Amarillo wind machines are available with multiple horsepower outputs in propane or diesel. All of our machines utilize state-of-the-art, computer-controlled engines from Ford and Cummins Diesel. Other engines are available upon request. (All engines for USA are EPA certified)
Central to the reliability of any wind machine is the gearbox — this is where Amarillo has the advantage.
Drawing on over 75 years of industry-leading gearbox engineering and design experience from Amarillo Gear Company, we have developed upper and lower gearboxes that have come to symbolize durability in the wind machine industry worldwide.
- Our spiral bevel gears are precision machined from nickel alloy steel, case hardened, and lapped as a matched set.
- All gear tolerances are permanently set during assembly through custom lathe cutting, thereby eliminating problematic shim packs that lead to gearbox failure.
- Amarillo uses top-quality Timken brand tapered roller bearings.
- All shafts are manufactured from heat-treated alloy steel.
- Double-lip, spring-loaded seals are used on the input and output shafts of both gearboxes.
- Our upper gearbox has an AGMA mechanical rating of 226hp, and the lower has an AGMA mechanical rating of 193 hp.
- Interchangeable by design, Amarillo gearboxes can be used to upgrade most other brands of wind machines